A facing brick for every occasion
The trend of using natural materials, the development of bioclimatic spaces and the framework of new environmental constraints have propelled the brick to the forefront of the architectural scene.
Bricks are one of the oldest construction materials created by man. The buildings in Uruk, one of the world’s first cities located in Mesopotamia and founded almost six thousand years ago, were made of brick. Today the aesthetics, functionality and modernity of the material are widely recognised, and it is used by leading architects.
Always popular for their natural tones, today’s bricks come in a variety of colours allowing them to meet designer needs and make their mark on the architectural scene. Yes, the glazed brick has now arrived in style, reinventing our surroundings.
Thanks to its expertise as a glazer, Rairies Montrieux offers you a wide range of creative solutions using engobe or glazed terracotta and provides custom responses for all special projects.
Why choose our terracotta?
While many materials boast some of the properties of terracotta, few are able to combine all its special qualities.
- Natural, healthy and free from pollutants
- Environmentally friendly and long lasting
- Fire resistant. M0
- Contributes greatly to insulation and comfort in summer
- Frost resistant and water repellent
- Low cost of maintenance
- Easy to fit
All terracotta product solutions can be used for external insulation:
- Either fitted on an insulating support for facing slips,
Fitted on weatherboarding,
Fitted on cladding panels,
As weatherboarding on prefabricated panels,
- Or as slot-in cladding for ACROBRIC products,
As cladding for wooden or metal frameworks,
- Or as double walls for all types of brick.
Discover our product ranges:
- Engobe glazed, natural plain or flamed slips,
- Ceramic tiles, square or specially shaped < 300 cm2
- Glazed, natural engobe bricks
- Mashrabiya, claddings